call for Late-breaking abstracts
A call for late breaking abstracts will open¬†from 4 to 22¬†June 2018.¬†
We are looking for advocacy/fundraising reports and scientific studies which results' were¬†not ready to be submitted during¬†the first call for abstracts.¬†More information to come soon. We look forward to receiving your work.¬†
New at the 2018 Congress
All accepted abstracts will be published online as a supplement in¬†the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO) which provides high quality literature¬†on cancer care, research and care delivery issues.
In addition, the onsite¬†presentations will take place¬†in the dedicated Abstract Hub -¬†the Forum for Knowledge Mobilisation,¬†a novelty¬†of the 2018 Congress, and¬†supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) and the Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC).
The Hub¬†will be designed¬†as a one-stop shop, where¬†all abstract related presentations will take place. It¬†aims to facilitate¬†the interactions between the presenters and the participants whilst¬†being easily accessible for all delegates.
Type of presented Abstracts¬†
- Summary report of a successful policy / advocacy campaign
- Summary report of a dynamic¬†fundraising¬†campaign / funding model ¬†
- Innovative and impactful scientific study,¬†describing the collection, analysis and interpretation of cancer-relevant data (clinical, behavioral...)
Based on their average score, accepted abstracts and¬†reports will be presented at the 2018 WCC in the Abstract Hub under one of the following formats:
- Abstract oral: 8 minute presentation (+ 2 min for¬†Q&A), scheduled in a session
- Rapid Fire: 3 minute presentation in front of a large audience
- E-poster pod presentation: 3 minute presentation on¬†an e-pod. The poster will be displayed on an electronic poster screen and presented to 30-40 attendees during one of the networking breaks.¬†
- E-poster display: E-posters will be available for ongoing consultation on e-poster screens in the Abstract Hub
Each accepted abstract¬†will be available for consultation on the e-poster screens during the Congress and published online as a supplement in¬†the Journal of Global Oncology (JGO).
REVIEW TIMELINE¬†& PROCESS¬†
- 15 January to 5 April¬†2018 ‚Äď Call for Abstracts open - submissions and ongoing review by the Abstract Committee (First Tier)
- 12¬†April ‚Äď 15 May 2018 ‚Äď Secondary review process including scoring by the Abstract Committee
- 16 May ‚Äď 30 June 2018 ‚Äď Scheduling of abstracts into the programme (by Abstract Committee and Congress Team)
- 15 July 2018 ‚Äď Notification of presentation format to all abstract submitters
- 3 August 2018¬†- All abstract presenters should confirm their participation and register online. After that date, their abstract will be automatically withdrawn.
All abstract¬†submissions will go¬†through the same review¬†process without any difference depending on the type of submission (scientific report, fundraising campaign reports or¬†policy and advocacy reports).¬†
The 12 members of the Abstract Committee will conduct the first round of reviews. They will¬†determine¬†whether the abstracts are aligned with the overall Congress' objectives and the 2018 programme tracks¬†or if they are out of scope.
After this¬†first selection,¬†an international panel of reviewers - composed of more than 150¬†health professionals -¬†will be reviewing and scoring¬†the various¬†abstracts to determine their final format.
The Abtract Hub is supported by