Call for Collaborative initiatives to be presented at regional meetings
UICC members from all regions are invited to enter the call for collaborative initiatives that will run from 15 February to 15 April 2018.
The results will be announced in June. The best two initiatives will be presented at the corresponding regional meeting that will take place during the Congress in Kuala Lumpur:
- Eastern Mediterranean
- Europe, including the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS)
- Latin America
- North America
Preference will be given to innovative examples of multisectoral collaboration - civil society, industry, government working together at a national, regional or international level to address a fundamental gap in cancer control. The initiative should also be replicable in other settings and conducted by at least one UICC member.
To be eligible, collaborative initiatives must:
- Be relevant to cancer control
- Be conducted by at least two organisations (including at least one UICC member)
- Initiative should be ongoing or concluded in the past two years (after January 2016)
If your collaborative initiative corresponds to the above characteristics, please submit your proposal here below.
View the leads for each region who kindly endorsed the initiative and will be profiling it amongst our member organisations.
Should you have any questions, please contact the UICC Capacity Building team: regionalCB@uicc.org
Benefits for UICC members participating in the regional meetings
- Be selected to showcase your successful initiative in front of your peers and other experts in cancer control from your region
- Be listed amongst the submitted key collaborative initiatives that will be shared with +1000 UICC members around the world
- Be seen as a prominent voice for cancer control in your region
- Benefit from high exposure through WCC/UICC social media and online platforms
!New - UICC Award for the best collaborative initiative
As of March, UICC members will also be able to enrol to win the UICC Award of the best collaborative initiative. The awards are a new UICC initiative that recognises the oustanding work of UICC members around the world. The award ceremony will be taking place during the UICC General Assembly on Congress day 2 - Tuesday 2 October.